Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Misson

At my bridal shower, my great grandmother gave me a box of recipe cards. Each card was filled with a recipe she wrote or used or was from one of her friends. Some were even family specialties that I have grown up eating.
I also received many recipes from other friends and family around the time of my wedding. Partly because one of my showers was themed around my love of cooking and baking. But also, because sharing part of your life (your food) is such a special gift.

I have been particularly bored with my usual repertoire of recipes lately and need a boost on things to try. So comes the idea for this blog. I will be using this to document and share as many or the dishes I make from my grandmother's recipes. I will no limit this to one of my grandmothers either. Any recipe that I get that is passed from a family member or friend's family member can and will be used. Such as the recipe for cookies that is in the recipe box from my Great-Grandmother's best friend growing up.
I may make one dish or I might re-create an entire meal from the 1950's. I also will gladly accept anyone else's family heirloom dishes. Do you have something that Grandma used to make? Send it to me and I will try it out.
I also will be putting in my personal recipes that I like to serve and share. No reason to keep them to myself.
Here goes!

Me wearing an apron made by Grandma Ruth and using her red roasting pan
Domestic goddess pose Apron courtesy of Aunt Nancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment